One food that I missed immensely since going gluten free were donuts until I discovered Katz brand gluten free donuts. Even a plain donut would do, but I’d die for a chocolate glazed one – anything with chocolate would be amazing. My craving for donuts only increased while pregnant, but I absolutely would not eat a regular donut and activate a war on my digestive system. I tabled the thought of eating donuts until people in the Gluten Free group I’m part of on Facebook started posting about Katz donuts.
Finding Gluten Free Donuts
I immediately checked out their website to see if there were any available at stores in my area using their store finder tool. I assumed they probably were not because I had never noticed the brand at any stores up here in Northern Michigan, from WalMart to Meijer to Oleson’s. I was overjoyed (but still skeptical) when I saw Oleson’s pop up on their location map. I briefly looked for the donuts as I walked through the store, without really knowing what section I should even attempt to walk through.
I was at Oleson’s again to pick up Silk soy creamer and glanced over at the gluten free frozen section. Here is what I discovered:
Not only did they have Katz donuts, but there were at least six different kinds! This was gluten free donut Heaven people. I shrieked with excitement and noticed the price is not too bad either at $6.49 for a box of six which comes to $1.08 per donut – far less expensive than buying a single cookie from a local restaurant for over $2.00 each.
Who Doesn’t Love a Gluten Free Donut?
I posted the same picture in the Gluten Free group and it garnered numerous comments and questions – see, we gluten free people NEED a good donut on occasion too! It’s almost like going to the bakery and picking out your own donut, except you get to buy a pack of six at a time. I consulted with my gluten free tribe who had tried these before and they recommended either eating them cold, letting them thaw out on the counter for a bit or warming them up in the microwave for a few seconds after they are nearly thawed out.
I spent the day reading comments from “I love Katz donuts” to “Do they ship them in the UK” and did some further research about Katz and their brand. Here are some interesting things I discovered, besides a new brand to love.
- Katz is located in Mountainville, New York
- You can order the donuts and many other products they offer right from their website if you live in the U.S.
- They do not ship directly anywhere outside of the U.S., but there are locations in Canada and the UK that sell the Katz brand. I send Katz a Facebook message asking what locations carry their brand in the UK and will post the response here when I receive a response!
- You can order directly from their website and check out the entire Katz Donut Selection.
- Here are some favorites Katz Chocolate Frosted Donuts, Katz Powdered Donuts, Katz Custard Donuts, and Katz Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donuts.
There are other brands of gluten free donuts and also many recipes to guide you in making some from scratch, but the consensus among my gluten free tribe so far is that Katz brand is one of the best and a great option when you want to re-experience going to the store and buying a delicious donut. We are still figuring out a way to easily ship them to the UK, but I know my GF tribe will figure it out!
Katz Brand Gluten Free Donuts Available
- Katz, Gluten Free Chocolate Frosted Donuts, 14 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Chocolate Frosted Donuts with Colored Sprinkles – Gluten Free
- Katz, Gluten Free Cinnamon Donut Holes, 6 Ounce, (6 Pack)/li>
- Katz, Gluten Free Cinnamon Donuts, 10.5 Ounce, (1 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Cinnamon Protein Donut Holes, 6 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Custard Donuts- Gluten Free
- Katz, Gluten Free Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes , 6 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Glazed Chocolate Donuts, 10.5 Ounce, (1 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Vanilla Glazed Donut Holes, 6 Ounce, (1 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Vanilla Glazed donuts, 14 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Jelly Donuts- Gluten Free
- Katz, Gluten Free Powder Donut Holes, 6 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Donuts (Powdered) – Gluten Free
- Katz, Gluten Free Powdered Protein Donut Holes, 6 Ounce, (1 Pack)
- Katz Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts, 10.5 Ounce, (6 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Sea Salt Caramel Donuts, 10.5 Ounce, (1 Pack)
- Katz, Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Donuts, 13 Ounce, (1 Pack)