The hardest part about staying fueled is often having snacks when I’m on the go between meals. In the grocery store I often find myself in what I call the “bar” section – the area often in the breakfast isle where boxes of Lara Bars, Cliff Bars, and more live. I do love Lara Bars, but I’m not a huge fan of paying $1 or more per bar and I like having a variety of snacking options in my diet. I’m creating this list as a go-to idea list for when my tired brain is trying to figure out what snacks to add to my meal plan between my oldest little asking questions and my youngest demanding attention!
- Peanut Butter, Chopped Apples, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Trail Mix Packs with Dried Cherries, Dried Strawberries, Dried Mixed Berries, Mixed Nuts, Sunflower Seeds, Gluten Free Cereal, and Gluten Free Oats – The basics include dried fruit and nuts – add anything you want!
- Silk Yogurt and a Homemade Trail Mix Pack
- Hummus with Celery and Carrots
- Salsa and Tortilla Chips
- Hummus with Gluten Free Pretzels
- Canned Peaches
- Apple Sauce
- Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter
- Hummus with Veggie Chips or Veggie Straws
- Smoothie with Silk Yogurt, Almond Milk, Strawberries, Mango, and Peaches
- Yogurt with Gluten Free Cereal
- Chickpeas Roasted with Olive Oil and Paprika
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Gluten Free Croutons
I will continue updating this as I discover more go-to snacks. What are your favorite gluten free snacks that are quick and easy?