Darrow Park is the official name of this easy to get to park that’s right across from the bay with the perfect views of the air show during the National Cherry Festival and the 4th of July fireworks. We call it the dinosaur park because the play structure looks like – you guessed it – a dinosaur. We play at the dinosaur park almost every week, either after going for a family run and bike ride or just to play – it’s also just a short walk down the road from Aroma’s Coffee!
How To Get to Darrow Park
Head past downtown Traverse City on W. Grandview Parkway and turn left onto Division Street. Make an immediate right turn onto Bay Street. Enjoy driving past a few blocks of shops and houses. Darrow Park is on the left side of the road and parking is available on both sides of the street. Here is the official map of the park to download.
- Open space for kids and pets to run around
- Play structure ideal for kids under three through 12 years of age
- Big slide and two small slides
- Two baby swings
- Adaptive swing
- Multiple regular style swings
- Benches close to the play structure
- Picnic tables
- Portable restroom during warmer months
- Ride on dinosaur
- Fence barrier between the play area and road
- Water fountain